Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences – Aviation and Tourism Management Master of Business Administration
The postgraduate MBA Aviation and Tourism Management study programme is designed for those who want to go higher in the world of aviation and tourism.
The course of study is based on essential areas of corporate management with special focus on aviation and tourism as seen from the perspective of the sector’s key players. The great flexibility by studying part-time within the four semester programme enables you to combine relevant corporate practice with the theory acquired at Frankfurt University. You also have the opportunity to study at our partner universities: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (USA/ European campus) and University of the Aegean (Greece).
Through small class sizes and English as the teaching language you will be able to interconnect with students and industry experts in an international environment. After completing the MBA Aviation and Tourism Management study programme you will be equipped with the skills necessary to hold an executive post in an international company. You will be able to operate confidently within the ever-changing field of aviation and tourism, making a valuable contribution to your employer and experience important aspects of personal development.
The MBA Aviation and Tourism Management also qualifies you to enter a university PhD degree programme.
The programme is designed to guarantee the maximum flexibility to the students. The two presence blocks per semester amount to 23 days in total. Two modules are held at the partner universities abroad Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) and University of the Aegean.
The study programme consists of 15 modules of the areas „General MBA“, „Aviation and Tourism“ and „Electives“.
- Management Competencies I (Introduction to Study Programme, Academic Methods and Presentation Skills)
- Research Methods and Project Management (Project Management, Quantitative Research)
- International Tourism Management and Intercultural and Innovation Management
- Strategic Management and Airline Management
- Safety Management Systems (Safety and Security)
- Management Competencies (Rhetorical Skills, Press Management and Media Communications)
- Corporate Management I (Strategic Marketing and Sales, Information Systems Management)
- Leadership and the Legal and Regulatory Framework (Talent Management, Leadership and Labour Law, Legal and Regulatory Framework of the Aviation and Tourism Industry)
- Applied Research Project (International Research and Consulting Project in the Aviation and Tourism Industry)
- Strategic Tourism Management (Strategic Destination Management, Strategic Tourism Marketing and E-Business)
- Work-Life-Balance and Networking
- Logistics (Operative Management, Supply Chain Management)
- Corporate Management II (Corporate – Finance, Management Accounting)
- Economic and Environmental Basis (Applied Regional Analysis and Spatial Economics, Sustainability Management in the Aviation and Tourism Industry)
- Compulsory Optional: Strategic Air Traffic and Airport Management OR Strategic Tourism Management II
- Management Competencies II (Lobbying and Feedback Seminar)
- Master’s Thesis and Colloquium
During the 3rd Semester the students can choose an aviation or tourism management elective.
Special features on the MBA programme :
In the course of the study programme students carry out an Applied Research Projects in cooperation with a company. Hereby, students act as inhouse consultants for aviation companies, investigating innovative research questions which high relevance to the aviation companies.
In addition, there are workshops on communication techniques, negotiation skills and team building. Moreover, through the combination of online self-study and attendance phases, the study programme promotes the independent time management of the students. In fireside chats with senior managers, students can discuss challenges of the industry as well as get an inside into successful industry careers.
Entry requirements / Costs:
The entry requirements for the study programme are:
- First academic degree
- Minimum of two years professional experience
- in the aviation, tourism or related industries
- Exceptional professional achievements documented
- by a letter of recommendation
- Cover letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Good command of English (TOEFL 87 points, IELTS band 6.5 or similar test)
- Personal interview
It is also possible to apply for the programme without a first academic degree. In accordance with § 16 (2) of the Hessian Law on Higher Education (HHG) you can apply for admission at the aptitude test to an advanced education master‘s degree programme by providing the following documents:
- A copy of your higher education entrance qualification
- Detailed CV
- Certificates of full time employment of at least four years
More detailed information on this topic can be obtained from the contact persons of the course.
The costs for the two-year study programme amount to € 19,900 plus semester fees of € 1,399.40 (four semesters at currently € 349.85). Please note that these costs are fully deductible from income tax in many countries (e.g. Germany).
Webseite des Studiengangs:
Aviation and Tourism Management